Fresh holiday accessories and decor ideas that break free of boring tradition.
So red and green just isn’t your thing? We’re on the same page, which is why our designers have dreamed up products this season that are minimalist but every bit as merry, cool but still classic. They’re so fun you’ll want to instantly start new decorating traditions at home. Whether that’s setting up a disco ball-themed tablescape, trimming an ornament-free tree (gasp!), or using washi tape to make your own wrapping paper pattern, we encourage you to embrace your inner elf. Here are a few of our favorite modern holiday decorating ideas to get you in the spirit. Don’t forget to share your holiday displays with us at #mycb2!
1. A well-decked front door sets the tone. You don’t have to go all Clark Griswold with your lights to make a statement outdoors. A simple holiday wreath—like our galvanized bubble wreath filled with seasonal greens—does the trick. A pair of skis add wintry touch while a stack of firewood sends a message to guests that a toasty fireplace will be waiting for them inside.
2. A festive entryway continues the merriment inside. A single tall vase filled with branches brings the outdoors in, and a spread of modern copper, silver, clear and white glass trees of different heights fill out a console table. And have you ever seen a more glamorous Santa? Our gold ceramic one gleams with holiday joy.
3. A black and white palette feels like a breath of fresh air. A handsome black stag that’s made to display all year gets decked out thanks to a furry snowball wreath and faceted ornaments made of smoked glass and wire. A casual scattering of fresh greenery, spike ball ornaments, and abstract white trees finish off the mantle in style.
4. Teal also gets the job done. This unlikely set-up of holiday decor is wonderfully moody, created with a collection of accessories that can be displayed year round. The black stag wears a colorblock necklace and brass and black spindle candle holders add height and highlight the coolest teal candles that play off the wall. Bowls of glittery ornaments and a gold pig snow globe wink at winter without being so overt.
6. This move also frees up ornaments to fill bowls, mantles, and dress up presents. A copper wire bowl holds our favorite metallic ornaments as a centerpiece, while matte black and frosted white spindle ornaments share mantle space with pair of hanging stockings. As for our favorite gift wrap trick, just tie a matte black bauble atop a present with string and add some playful washi tape.
8. Don’t forget to throw in a disco ball or five to your displays. There’s just something about mirrored squares reflecting light all over the room that makes us want to dance. And with all of our playful options to choose from—a nutcracker, snowman, tree topper, and ornaments—don’t let your family miss out on the fun.