There may be no one who better exemplifies just how personal style can be than Studio London Co. founder Travis London. Bicoastal by way of Los Angeles and Miami, the chef-turned-interior designer’s Florida home/studio/showhouse is an explosion of color and personality. Recently featured in Architectural Digest, London’s space oozes the sort of vibrant opulence that can only be brought on by heady Miami heat and neon lights. It’s not surprising London is the sort of person who’d reference Gianni Versace’s Lake Como villa in his teenage bedroom.
Making things beautiful is all I know.
“I was born a designer. Making things beautiful is all I know,” London says. He closed a successful catering company in 2015 and moved to Europe—Paris and then Milan—in pursuit of design. That European point of view is evident in London’s work, from an eye for detail to extravagant flourishes that call to mind those you might find in Baroque and Rococo architecture. Combine it with a joyful spirit and unabashed love of color, and you’ve got a recipe for a signature Travis London look.
A life without color is a life without love.
Don’t be afraid to live in color—and remember, your home should always be the most glamorous version of yourself.
For London, it’s a workspace, a creative studio, a safe zone and a source of joy, all in one space. His Miami home also happens to serve as his office and an ever-evolving showhouse for prospective clients. The office has a separate entrance from London’s main living quarters to maintain some semblance of work-life balance. “It’s great to have a space that is separate from my home that I can be creative in, but I use my home as my showhouse,” London explains. “My favorite project will always and forever be my home because it is the most intimate and personal of them all.”
- Work in silence or with background noise: Silence
- Soundtrack of your life: Coldplay, “Yellow”
- Cocktail order: Spicy margarita on the rocks, salted rim with a double shot of tequila
- Guilty pleasure: Real Housewives
- Style icons: Donatella Versace
- Favorite designer: Donatella Versace
- You’ll never get sick of: Color
- Your current state of mind: Hopeful
- Favorite place to travel: Home
- Where you’d most like to live: Paris (again)
- On your nightstand: Fabergé eggs
- Your greatest extravagance: My dogs
- Talent you’d most like to have: To draw
- Most overused word or phrase: Unexpected
- Tea or coffee: Tea
- City or country: Depends
- Vintage or new: Vintage
Images courtesy Venjhamin Reyes