How to deck your house this season with a custom floral decoration.
4 large bundles of juniper
2 bunches of each kind of eucalyptus
2 bunches purple fern acacia
1 bunch long stemmed rosemary
1 bunch of dusty miller
5-7 stems of black or red dahlias
5-7 stems of black calla lillies
1. Separate your “filler” flowers: large, chunkier branches like eucalyptus and juniper. These will serve as the base layer of your wreath. Give the ends a trim using floral clippers.
2. Bundle together the juniper and eucalyptus, securing the bundles with floral wire. They should vary a bit in length and thickness to create a more organic look.
3. Flip the wire frame upside down and attach the bundles using zip ties. As you work your way around the wreath, layer the bundles in a way that hides the ties.
4. Once the frame is filled with a base layer, start adding in accent flowers—dusty miller, rosemary, calla lilies, and dahlias—using floral tape and wire. Step away from your work every once in awhile to get a sense of your overall composition. Remember to embrace the imperfection and organic shapes of your materials and think of your wreath as a sculpture. Also, bunches and flowers can shift upon hanging, so be prepared to make some minor adjustments to your composition.
5. Fill empty spaces with rosemary sprigs, and remember to mist the wreath with water every now and then.
Share Your Wreath Style Instagram Sweepstakes
‘Tis the season. Share your holiday Wreath Style for a chance to win a $250 CB2 Shop Card! Two lucky winners will be randomly selected.
TO ENTER: 1) Snap photo that shows your Wreath Style and upload to Instagram 2) Tag @cb2 3) Include #wreathstyle #sweepstakes in caption. Giveaway ends December 18 11:59 PM PT. Contest open to US residents 18+ only. No purchase necessary. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. Void where prohibited. See Official Rules.
GET THE LOOK