Prices and availability are subject to change from the time and date that you print this page.
4/29/2016 10:04:00 AM
For Customer Service, please call 800.967.6696
year of the butterfly. Inspired by the original "198 Hardoy Chair" (aka "Butterfly") designed in 1938. Who knew? It had a natural leather hide sling and not the ubiquitous fabrics on collapsible hairpin frames. Our butterfly is the monarch, ruling again in iconic style. Top-grain, full-aniline, vegetable-tanned leather hides hand-stitched in quadrants and hand-laced at the edges read pure vintage with a warm, natural saddle glow. Rich grain and inherent markings enhance the natural beauty and character of the hide, left un-dyed and protected with a water-based lacquer. Displayed in all its glory on a substantial tubular iron frame antiqued light zinc (it doesn't fold…it's here to stay). Super easy assembly, no hardware required. We like four in a conversation circle.
- Iconic "Butterfly" design
- Tubular iron frame with a light antiqued zinc finish; water-based clear matte powdercoat
- Seat is top-grain, full-aniline leather protected with water-based lacquer
- Each leather panel will have natural variations in color and markings; each chair is unique
- Hand-stitched hides; hand-laced leather edging
- Supports up to 325 lbs
- Minimal assembly; no hardware required
- Made in India of domestic and imported materials
1938 tobacco leather butterfly chair
more 1938 leather butterfly chairs
We offer standard, express and next day delivery. Check the rate chart for delivery fees.
Earn 10% back in reward dollars1 on this purchase when you use your Crate and Barrel Credit Card.
- mill coffee table $299.00
- plus side table $299.00
- tesso 84" wall mounted bookcase $299.00
- oversized equator pendant light $199.00
- gold turtle limited time $55.21 reg. $64.95
- bennie low vase-planter $19.95
- icelandic sheepskin 16" pillow $129.00 each
- element coffee table $399.00
- junction low dresser $849.00
What You Need to Know
At CB2, we stand behind the quality of our products and want every purchase to be a positive experience. We will do our best to make things right if you are not satisfied.
We will accept returns and exchanges of non-furniture items if they are returned within 90 days of customer receipt, a valid proof of purchase is provided, and items are returned in good condition (unused and unwashed).
Stock Furniture, Rugs and Rug Pads
If you are not satisfied with your Stock furniture, rug or rug pad purchase, you must contact us within 7 days of delivery or pickup to arrange a return. The item must be returned within 30 days of delivery or pickup. The item will be inspected upon return, and a refund amount will be determined based on its condition. For furniture orders placed online, please call us at 800.606.6252. For orders placed through a store, please contact the store where the sale originated.
Special Order Upholstery
We require a 50% deposit for all Special Order upholstery. This deposit is nonrefundable after a 72-hour change/cancellation window. These items are made to your specifications and cannot be returned or exchanged.